Saturday, July 20, 2024

A Book on Tondo Slum, and its People???????????????

Getting way, way, way, ahead of myself here. But what about doing a book on the people of Tondo Slum, in Manila, Philippines. It would take years of effort to complete. More thought needed.

From what I have learned, there could be an important story there, one worth chasing down, using the remaining years I have.

Can I incorporate PAGPAG into the project/book title? The Filipino scavenged from garbage food in Tondo. It translates as "Brushed off, dusted off, brushed away." I believe. Sorta like the important people who live there, they are also brushed off, reused. forgotten and thrown.

Guess I should visit first before, I make grand plans!

Note* I plan on using some of the donation money earned from the photos made at the Dump and Under the Freeway in Thailand to help the people of Tondo.

Pagpag, photographer unknown.