Monday, June 17, 2024

Video: Complicated Music Gear + Dennis the Conductor!

I think I finally got all of Dennis’s stereo gear working today including his amp and second receiver with weird ass STAX SRD-7 adapter device and SRD-5 headphones.

I think my current set up is just like Dennis had it. It sounds fricking awesome. The only thing I might upgrade is the speakers. Thank you Dennis.

I understand how Dennis could sit hidden in his small house and still live through the music. I also found 5 conductor batons and the original musical scores of many of the great composers. So Dennis could read music, he must have conducted the recorded orchestras as he listened. 

I have so many questions for him. I wish we could still speak together.

More Mozart today, violin concerto.

As per Dennis’s request his collection of albums will be donated to a University after I pass. He told me I could have and use his music and gear the rest of my life. Thank you Dennis.

He had 3 receivers, 4 record players, 4 cd players, speakers, 7 headphones, 1 Amplifier, along with other stereo gear. About 1/3 are broken, probably from extensive use.

Note* After listening to everything head to head the STAX headphones sound best. Maybe if I upgrade the speakers, they can match the subtle difference. 

It is all so lovely!

Some of the gear: