Monday, April 25, 2022

Missed Connecting Flight Back To Edmonton

So I missed my connecting flight from Vancouver to Edmonton! I arrived in Vancouver Canada from Seoul at 1230pm. As I am about to get out of my seat I look at my Edmonton boarding pass and it says boarding at 1310. So I have 40 minutes. I need to do the following in that time span.

- get out of the plane.
- walk to customs.
- get my passport receipt checked by customs, with the customary suspicious Thailand questions.
- pick up my check in bag.
- recheck in at the domestic counter. The counter was far away as a result of Covid restrictions. Air Canada did not provide clear instructions of how to get there. I went to 3 different check I. Areas and information before finding my way.
-go through the security X-ray machines again, 3rd time today.
- walk to the gate on the other side of the airport.
- get on the airplane.
Guess what I did not come close to making it. Now delayed another 6 hours waiting for the next flight to Edmonton. I am covered in sweat, an going to be very rip by the time I make Edmonton. The trio pack to Edmonton from Bangkok is going to run about 35 hours (usually around 24 or less). A bit of a nightmare return.
Starving, am forced to buy food at the airport, $18 for a burger combo.

A Very Expensive Hamburger