Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Embers That Burn Well

Damn I cannot stop looking at my little 4x5 inch glass Ambrotype, my first completed. Feel so excited about the possibilities. Whenever I have a new work that I like, it is an ember that starts a new photographic fire. I love thinking, doing, and looking at pictures, my reason for everything.

What might be created with the larger camera's? What wonders await? On seeing this little so so image, I am re-inspired to work that much harder. Cannot wait to get on the road again and making Ambrotypes!! Need to learn more about Canada history (good and bad) this winter and continue the wet plate work in studio for now.
Ain't Photography Grand!!! (plan on putting this quote on the old tombstone, a good way to go out!)

Side view of the 3mm glass plate.
At work, feeling good about the Ambrotype possibilities.
Coating on the back.
The image, a nice little 3D effect with the trees