Monday, December 6, 2021

Cheaper Chemicals For Wet Plate

Got my 500 grams of Silver Nitrate today from overseas! Finally at my door after a 6 weeks wait with the customs/border folks. Hopefully the next shipment will flow better. I plan on buying 1000 grams or maybe 2000 grams next time. Will test this Silver Nitrate later this month, should be fine, hope hope!

This is one of my money saving methods for the large wet plate project (35x35 inch plates). I have now found cheaper sources for many of the chemicals, the Alcohol, the Cadmium Bromide, the Ammonium Iodide, the Ether (when I use it), the Calcium Carbonate, the Sodium Thiosulfate and now possibly the Silver Nitrate. When your going large for a long period of time saving on the chemicals is important.
 
Calcium Carbonate
Cadmium Bromide, Ammonium Iodide