Sunday, December 19, 2021

$500 CAD Donation, Thank You So Much!

Some good news today. We got a donation of $500 CAD to help THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP from a wonderful Canadian couple who have helped the families before. The money will go towards buying headlamps, boots, medicines, tools, food, lollipops etc. for the Families and Children in the dump. The people who donated prefer to remain anonymous so I will not mention their names. Thank you so much for your caring love and support. 100% of the money will go to buy goods for the families, from you to them.

I was going to donate $500 of my UNB Art Centre artist fee to the families. I am now thinking maybe I can give all or some of that money instead to help THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY. The 2 exhibitions at the University of New Brunswick are for both the families and the people under the freeway. It seems only right to help the people under the freeway as well as the people in the dump, with the money. There is now $1000 to spread around to help the people in the pictures. Will spread the artist fee $500 with the families and the Klong Toey slum freeway people. I will also be looking for another photo series to work on in Thai, maybe there is another group that can be helped as well.
 
A good day! MERRY CHRISTMAS
 
Note* Will update the blogs money donated link this week when I am work. Need to think it out to make sure I have the right totals. Then as the money is spent I will make adjustments to how much money is used with corresponding pictures of the bought items and some of the hand outs of goods to the people being helped under the freeway and in the dump.
 
Note** Included a video link to a 2018 night time donation in the dump. Handed out the lollipops and noodles (mama) to the younger people and kids. Later did the boots, headlamps and other things I could carry on a motorbike. I carry as much as I can each time to the dump, so every trip things are handed out. Over multiple trips the money is used up buying goods that are then given away in this way. It is done bit by bit. Of course I am also carrying camera gear, tripods, camera bodies etc so I am limited, especially in my old age (54 in the video) on how much I can take out each trip.


The donation card and check I received today