Saturday, September 5, 2020

Rock-N-Roller Cart R18

Picked up an important item. I will be transporting cameras and gear from my trailer to the shooting site through out the length of my project AMBROTOS KANATA. I will also be using the Eskimo fishing tent occasionally so will need to transport all the darkroom chemicals, water etc. Today I paid $329.99 CAD for a Rock-N-Roller adjustable cart, capable of carrying up to 700lbs of gear. I initially was going to buy the slightly cheaper R12 but changed my mind and went with the R18. It is bigger, stronger and its wheels will be able to manoeuvre better on the Canadian landscape. There are some bag accessories I might get later on. Bought it through Vistek Toronto, which they will deliver to their Edmonton store, soon I hope!! Upon setting it up, I will immediately start using it on KANATA.  Tools like this are going to be more important and more useful as I age.

Here she id:

  • Dimensions and Size: Powder-coated steel tube frame telescopes from 42-60 inches in length with 32/20 inch (front/rear) fold able sides
  • Load capacity: 700 lbs./32 cu. ft.
  • Weight: 38 lbs.
  • Tubing gauge: 16 gauge (0.065 inch wall)
  • Tubing size on main frame: 1 inch and 1.25 inch square steel tube