Monday, December 18, 2023

Opening Photo Site Look

Having some issues with the front page of my new photo web page. Here is the latest version. Probably lots of changes ahead. The whole, how to set up the sale of prints part of things is going to take a while to work out. I currently have a person waiting on a print, need to figure it out.

Note* I will be editing and adding photos to the site this next week at work. This could take decades!

Note** "Tears of a Butterfly" is from a Japanese poem I read many years ago. The expression has multiple, personal meanings to me.

Note*** The opening page photo, would be periodically changed out. The current image is of a drunk man (University Professor) shot in Japan as part of the "Kodoku" Solitude series.

Note**** The opening page has 2 current links. One to the "Project Galleries" which should eventually number 16 and include over 500 photographs. The second is to my 16 year long photography blog. 

Note***** Hmm, 16 galleries and 16 years of photo blog stuff! I guess that shows a certain amount of commitment. Commitment that for some reason seems to piss off my photo friends, not sure why. Should not friends support commitment? Instead of being angry at it. Attempt to talk you out of creating more work.

A very early link to the page, UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Years from completion. I will probably eventually have to do my own domain name thing. Thou I hate extra costs, some things need to be paid for.

https://gerryyaum.wixsite.com/my-site