Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Bought A Used Chamonix 24x24 Inch Camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy me. I bought another 20x24 cameras. This time its a Chamonix 24x24 wet plate camera. The cost is crazy-stupid Gerry expensive. I figured if I was going all in on AMBROTOS KANATA, I might as well go ALL IN!!  With the RV, the Trailer, the HF3535 the Chamonix 16x20 and how the Chamonix 24x24, I am definitely all in. Am throwing everything I got at this project. My heart, soul and my money.

Hopefully I can sell some of the 24x24 inch plates and make my money back eventually.

Cost New is $11350 USD

I paid 7900 Euro, or about $8670 USD for a used camera. This price includes shipping but not the the brokerage and taxes I will pay on my end.

I got mine from Alex T in the Netherlands. He only used the camera 2 times and is 6 or 7 years old. Alex T is a high end responsible photography person with a good reputation. The camera does not have the spring back.

The package includes, the 24x24 camera, a 24x24 wet plate holder and 2 lensboards.

I hope this is not a mistake but Chamonix are such beautiful cameras, I love my 16x20.  This camera will be a great tool, for many many years of AMBROTOS KANATA shooting. Very worried today, so much money spent.

Alex is also making me a shipping case of some kind. A case that I might be able to use later when I store the camera for travelling in the darkroom trailer Freddy.

 Gosh, I hope I did the right thing.

Note* The Tech data for the 20x24 Chamonix, my new/used 24x24 will be similar.

2024CF Convertible 
Weight:14.8KG
Folded size:732mm X 692mm X 164mm
Max bellows draw:1,300mm (1,780mm with extension set);Min bellows draw: 280mm
Rear standard swing: left 11°, right 11° ,  Rear tilt: 26°
Front rise: 170mm, front fall: 146mm  Front shift: 52mm on each side

This is from the Chamonix website, not my camera. Mine is a 24x24 not a 20x24 and does not have the spring back. You need to remove the acrylic ground glass to place the holder on. A better system It think with large heavy wet plate holders.