Thursday, June 22, 2023

A Book Some Day???

I have wanted to have the photographs, the stories, published in magazines and books since I was a teenager. The magazine dream has happened 3 times now but a book, never!! I want a book published by a real publisher on their dime, non-one of those self-published narcissistic things. I want it to be the real thing.

I believe I have work strong enough for several books, certainly strong enough for one retrospective fattish volume. Will it ever happen? I am quickly running out of time. I am 59 and counting. 

Here are two books and my tree and leaves Ambrotype. Studying all 3 at work tonight. Trying to figure the direction AMBROTOS KANATA and future work will go.

Sally Mann, GY, El Grego
Sally Mann
GY
El Grecco
Sally Mann from her book "Deep South"-Fountainebleau