Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Bought Me A "Lifesmart EZcool Single Port Indoor/Outdoor Portable Air Cooler"

I will update last weeks AMBROTOS KANATA work soon. I really struggled in the heat Morning time I made good ambros 2 times. Later in the afternoon and evening when the temp shored to 35.5C in the trailer things fell apart, lots of problems.

I need to figure away to to lower the temp inside the trailer. I thought I could go with a portable a/c camping style machine, that would require electricity or a generator to run. The combination of the a/c machine and generator would run upwards of $1500 CAD. I decided to take a chance on a smaller water fed unit that had decent online reviews. It might be able to drop the trailer temp by 10C (hope hope!).

The unit is called a "Lifesmart EZcool Single Port Indoor/Outdoor Portable Air Cooler". Hoping this thing works for me, it requires very little power (same as a 40w light bulb) and costs only $158 CAD. Will see how it works, if it does not work not work in the trailer, will try it in Fanny the RV.

If it works, the low cost and low power usage should be perfect for Freddy the darkroom trailer.

Note* In the future on hot days,  I will also be using small coolers with ice to store both the developer and the collodion. Last week my collodion seemed to melt in the heat, was very fragile and left all kinds of marks on the plates.

Lifesmart EZcool Single Port Indoor/Outdoor Portable Air Cooler