Monday, November 23, 2020

The Kindness Of The Art Gallery Of Ontario (AGO)

On the blind (spam like) I sent out two PDF files for THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY to Canada's "Art Gallery Of Ontario". The AGO is probably the second most important museum/gallery in all of Canada (after the National Gallery). I received a polite and professional response from a good person who works at the AGO. They told me I could send in some files for one of the AGO curators to look over. A very kind gesture by them! It was so nice of them to allow the photographs of  this nobody security guard to be viewed. A place like the AGO is a major gallery that gets thousands of requests from wannabee artists.

Note* I probably sent them too many files, but heck when an opportunity presents themselves you got to go for it. I sent photos form THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP, THE PEOPLE UNDER THE FREEWAY and the Shades of Grey online magazine scans for both projects.