Monday, November 23, 2020

Chemeeko and Obama-David Burnett And The Security Guard

 Here are two of the stories featured in "Analog Forever Magazine" edition 3. Photojournalist David Burnett's 60 year career and THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP.

I remember reading about Mr. Burnett's work in one of the first photo magazines I ever bought. He was a very early inspiration for me. I remember thinking at the time "What a good photographer, what beautiful and important work. Maybe someday I can take photos like his" Now in 2020 to be in the same photography magazine as him, is SUPER COOL!
Thanks again "Analog Forever Magazine" for telling THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP story, alongside a world-class photojournalist/photographer like David Burnett.
Note* I wonder what little Chemeeko and his dad would think of being in the same magazine with President Obama? I lost contact with them in 2019 as their family had left the dump and returned to Burma after Chemeeko's grandma had gotten sick.