Tuesday, January 16, 2018

SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT (Sukhumvit Road In Bangkok) #1

I am still trying to figure out how to print these images, thinking so far I that like the harsh cool colors below best, might change my mind yet. My original thought when making these was to go harsh, high vibrant colour, printed on very glossy paper. Want to show the difficulty, the extremes of life on Sukhumvit road, from the sex work, to the homeless, to the everyday lives of the street sellers. Also want to show the tourism and the contrasts that offers. Sukhumvit is a real mixed bag, I originally photographed there extensively way way back in 1999. This work might be ongoing for several years, possibly the rest of my life. Will probably add to it every time I return to Thailand in the coming years.

The first 5 images from the "Sukhumvit at Night" photo series:

Sukhumvit at Night #1
Sukhumvit at Night #2 (Som)
 
Sukhumvit at Night #3 (Homeless man Lek)
Sukhumvit at night #4
Sukhumvit at Night #5