Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Did Another CIP Travel Grant Submission, Edmonton Arts Council, EAC

Just did up my latest Edmonton Arts Council Grant request for $750. I received one of these grants way back in 2011. Since that time I have been rejected 5 or 6 times. Hopefully this time is the charm. This coming 6 month trip will probably cost me a minimum of $12622 CAD. I need to try to get money from as many sources as I can before I leave. I have already bought my air ticket of course but it would be great if I could offset $750 of my $1252 airfare costs. It would give me more money for little items like food :).

Note* I have never applied for a travel grant type request form the "Alberta Foundation for the Arts" or the "Canada Arts Council". Maybe I should see what type of grants they have available. Being rejected from these things again and again makes you feel like a loser. Submitting and receiving no after no in reply is rather depressing. Still the submission making time needs to be put in, if you are to have any hope of getting any art grant money. I will look into these two other organizations in the coming days. Begging for money to pursue what you think is important in art is one of the things most art folk have to learn to live with. The end justifies the means in this case.

For others interested in trying for the CIP Travel Grant, here is a link:
https://grants.edmontonarts.ca/eac_grants_-_grants_and_awards_for_individual_artists/cip_travel_grant/