Monday, September 5, 2016

The Last Wet Plate Buys

My last 2 wet plate auctions went through today. I made payment, the scary Ambrotype of the women dressed all Victorian went for $46 USD, and the tintypes of the 2 men and spooky child went for $9.95 USD. These items were from the same seller, combined shipping was $10 USD. These will be my last buys of these type items for a while, I need to save money again. Am happy I got these thou, the woman I find intimidating and a bit frightening, like something out of Dickens, the child haunting and seemingly forgotten.

Update* How would you like to have gotten the Victorian lady angry at you? Especially if you were a young child in the novel David Copperfield! She seems so cold and harsh, and her dress so stiff and rigid.

Ambrotype of Victorian dressed woman
Baby child and 2 men tintypes