Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Criticism

Lately I have been emailing and posting my images and requesting critiques of the work. Some of the comments made have been positive but much of the criticism has been negative (more negative than positive in the last while). How to deal with the negative comments?

I think it is very important to get feedback on our work and that you should listen to all the good things and bad things said. You need to take everything with a grain of salt thou and not let the positive talk get you to high and the negative stuff get you to low.

More importantly I cannot let the negatives sway me from work that I should be making in the style I should make it. It comes down to the artist and what he feels that counts the most after all, if I feel I am on the right track I need to follow my heart and go down that path regardless of what others say.

Keep an open mind and ear to the words of others but follow your own heart in the end.

I guess you have to be a bit arrogant and feel your right and their wrong : ) I need to just make my photos the way I want to make them and let the cards fall where they may, maybe the work will be collected someday maybe not, but at least I can always tell myself, I did it my way.