Sunday, February 4, 2024

Adapter Board Fun!!!!

Figured out a double adapter lens board set up today. This idea uses things I already own without the cost of an additional lens board. So, follow along!
I mounted my 360mm Nikkor lens onto a Linhof Copal 3 lens board. Then placed the Linhof board into a Linhof to Sinar adaptor. Then placed everything into a Sinar to Deardorf adapter board.
I then mounted the whole contraption onto the camera.
So, we have a Nikkor lens mounted to a Linhof board, mounted to a Linhof/Sinar adapter board, mounted to a Sinar/Deardorff adapter board, mounted to the Chamonix 11x14 camera.
It should work! Or I could just buy a Deardorff copal 3 board for $50-$100 USD!
Note* I have 2 types of Linhof to Sinar adapter boards, 1 plastic, 1 metal. Using the plastic board here.