Friday, October 20, 2023

Link: Daguerreotypes, Gotta Give It A Go!!!

Life is too short. It is important to chase down dreams while you can. So many people I know are afraid to take chances, or unable to do what they love. I do not want to be one of those.

I have an opportunity to buy the tools to make daguerreotypes for $2000 USD plus expensive shipping (big and heavy gear) from Colorado USA. Bought new, these same daguerreotype making tools retail at about $8000 USD. The opportunity is there so I will chase it down.

Worst case I waste some money, best case I create some beautiful, important Dags. No contest!!

Ambrotypes, AMBROTOS KANATA, and the two Thai projects THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY, remain my focus. But I gotta try daguerreotypes, they are so unique, historical and extremely beautiful.

Full speed ahead.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daguerreotype