Friday, July 22, 2022

Dao Thinking Under The Freeway: THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY

Possible image for the coming UNB shows, found today. I am finding lots of new images, many I had forget ten I had taken. This is a Canon 5D Mark3 (still cannot afford the Mark 4) with 11mm-24mm wide angle. It was made during the 2022  trip under the freeway in Bangkok.

Dao is a kind, friendly, shy man who the world seems to have forgotten. I would try to talk to him and he would talk back sometimes but for the most part remained silence. There was such a dramatic change in the way he looked between 2019 and 2022 that I did not recognize him when I made this picture. After I returned to Canada I saw an old photo from 2019 with the same name, only then did I make the connection. The eyes were the same, the same shyness, and I put things together. He seems so innocent and vulnerable, I wonder how he is now.

Dao 33, Thinking under the freeway, THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY, Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok, Thailand 2022