Monday, March 16, 2020

UPDATES*

from Facebook...

Updates*
1)Got some more good news. I do not know any details of any kind but it seems the photos will be included in a second print magazine "Analogforever" sometime in 2020. So for 41 years of photo making there was no published work in any photography print magazines, and now I have 3 lined up for 2020. 2 with "Shades of Grey" and 1 with "Analogforever". Best part in this new trend is that the stories of my photo subjects will be told to larger audiences. That offers a personal feeling of relief. A feeling that I lived up to the gift my subjects gave me. the gift of allowing me to photograph their lives. Now their stories are being told at least on a tiny small scale. I will try taking some magazines out to show them if I can.
2)The photos for THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and the Interview have been submitted to "Shades of Grey", so that is done! My next worry is completing all the photos needed for the coming THE PEOPLE UNDER THE FREEWAY "Shades of Grey" magazine edition. I am not sure if "Shades of Grey" wants a second interview for the "Freeway" stories. I am so disorganized when it comes to finding photos and editing them, that this "sending them photos" process always takes me longer than the rest of the modern world . Finding the actual files or negs, then editing them, which I suck at, is always such an adventure. Heck I just learned about file transfer sites last week, am using "wetranfer".
As for the "Analog Forever" magazine I have no idea what photos they might use. I sent them some images from the 2 Thai projects and also photos from MY FATHERS LAST DAYS, my fathers fight with pancreatic cancer. I hope they choose the dad work. My father would be happy to know he is being remembered in a magazine. Hope they choose dad.
3)The public print sale to raise money for THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP in Los Angeles was delayed. Hopefully that will still happen once the Corona Virus danger is over. I have been told by my friend Hon who is the organizer, that it will be a go later. If the print sales make $7 CAD to buy a pair of boots for the families, then it is a success in my eyes.
4) The next Thai trip???? I booked off 7 weeks holiday time from work last week and requested holiday pay. but have not booked an air ticket yet. With the current world wide pandemic, there are so many unknowns. The trip is not planned until September 2020 which is 6 months away. I hope this happens. I need to get back to the garbage and hand out the remaining donation money (in the form of goods) as well as continue to photograph THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP in Mae Sot, and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY in Klong Toey slum, Bangkok. I am also thinking of starting a 3rd Thai series next trip, if I am able to travel.
5) Sent out submissions for the two projects to the "IN SIGHT" section of the Washington Post newspaper. Doubtful the work will be accepted, but it is worth a shot. There is a link on my blog for those that want to try.
6) My super large HF3535 view camera (35x35 inch) suffered some water damage before shipping from the Czech republic. The damage has been repaired by Filip the builder, and the camera should be shipped to Canada soon.