Tuesday, October 9, 2018

A Second Darkroom

Will be setting up a second darkroom, in the house I grew up in. After losing dad in 2015, and with mom in an assisted living home now, their house is empty. Strange how things work, when I was younger I always thought it would be so nice to live in my mom and dads big beautiful home. Now all these years later I just wish dad and mom could live there forever. The house lies empty and I am afraid to move in, afraid to live there, to be there. When I am in the house I can only think of my mother and father, so many memories.  We could sell the home but how do you do that? My father loved the place so much, it was his pride and joy, how can we just put it on the market forget about it. It is too painful to do that, am too sentimental to do that. I love the house also.

I figured the best way to do things was to set up a 2nd darkroom in the basement of the house and to try and live there for a few years. Will rent out the darkroom space, and also use it for Wet Plate photographs and Platinum printing. 

Here is what my current darkroom looks like, WAY TOO MUCH STUFF, need more room. I spent the night developing film from Thai and the recent vacation to the BC.

The first darkroom tonight