Saturday, June 16, 2018

Wrote Fr. Shay

I wrote Father Shay a few days back, thanked him and told him about the work being done in the Mae Sot dump. We have exchanged a few emails since then then. What a generous good hearted man. His note is extremely encouraging and inspiring especially after all the recent grant and gallery rejections.

Here is the email. Please if you can donate to his organization which helps the Filipino people, PREDA. If I visit the Philippines I plan on visiting Preda and Fr. Shay. Might try to go there for the first time next year.

Letters like this from a good man who sacrifices to help others berfore himself are so uplifting. I thought I would share the email with you all.

Note* Fr Shay has been nominated for the Nobel Peace prize 4 times.

Dear Gerry,

I say congratulations on your great  charity work ,fundraising , and leading a life worth living  helping others and documenting and advocating for the  poor.  The photos are  excellent and well done.  If you are ever you can visiting the Philippines you are very welcome to visit me here in Preda ,at Olongapo City.  Keep up the good work and your photography  you are a great example to others too and inspiring many people with your good works. Well done !!    Every  success in finishing the book ,where did you find it ?
Every blessing and happiness   

Fr.Shay  
www.preda.org