Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Do It While You Can

Read a story last night that got me thinking (sort of freaked me out). Seems there was this guy who had a beautiful 8x10 enlarger professionally installed in his home darkroom. The enlarger cost him $7000 and was a real beauty. The problem is all his plans went for naught, he died before he ever used the machine, so it sat and sat and now is on sale for $2975.

He must have loved photography a lot, he must have devoted much of his life to family and working his regular job planning for his retirement, planning to later devote himself to printing his life's work. Now all that is gone, its over and done with, the work will most likely never be printed, new work will never be created. It's done with, over, thats it!

You got to do it while you can, tomorrow is guaranteed to no one. I got to get off my ass and get making pics in Asia soon! Enough of this security guard shit, I am running out of time.