This one has a story.
I was trying to run this plate through my silver nitrate tank yesterday. It was too thick (4-5mm) for the tank to handle and I kept on scratching the collodion surface. Super frustrating stuff!!!
Adapted and decided to add my silver nitrate to the collodion plate in a tray instead. First time I have ever done this! It worked well. I had read about it, reading is a force for good
This one has a story.
I was trying to run this plate through my silver nitrate tank yesterday. It was too thick (4-5mm) for the tank to handle and I kept on scratching the collodion surface. Super frustrating stuff!!!
Adapted and decided to add my silver nitrate to the collodion plate in a tray instead. First time I have ever done this! It worked well. I had read about it, reading is a force for good
5 years into wet plate I find more and more that my problems are easily solved. Experience and the help of friends teaches you a lot! Wet plate ain’t that hard!!!
Dead Tree, 11x14 inch clear glass, AMBROTOS KANATA, Jasper Alberta, Canada, August 2026
Note* This was made on free farm glass! FREE is always good!!!
![]() |
| Version #1 |
![]() |
| Version #2 |

